Sunday 15 May 2016

Term 2, Week 3

Room 4 Newsletter:  Term 2, Week 3

Sunday 15th May, 2016

Thank you to those who were able to make it to Room 4’s assembly on Friday. I was very proud of the children as there can be quite a bit to organise and present. Our poi dance is coming along very well, and we will team up with Room 3 to continue practising this and many other waiata. By the time we go to the marae next term we will be pro!

Important dates coming up:
*Monday 16th May – Teacher Only Day.
*Tuesday 17th May – Room 4 Swimming 11.15 am.
*Thursday 19th May – Room 4 Swimming 10 am. Mrs Ward in Dunedin for the annual Bishops Forum.
*Friday 20th May – Mrs Ward at First Aid Course. Pink Shirt Day.
*Sunday 29th May, 9 am, Whole School Mass (End of Week 4).

Pink Shirt Day:
Pink Shirt Day has been well advertised in our school and the message is extremely important. We are doing a unit in Room 4 which re-visits how ‘Respect for Self and Others’ looks and sounds inside and outside our classroom. This fits well with the Holy Spirit Strand in R.E. where we try to practice the fruits of the spirit: kindness, joy, patience, gentleness, self-control, love, peace, faithfulness and goodness. Please support Pink Shirt Day on Friday 20th May by encouraging your child to wear some items of pink to school.







Room 4, St. Gerard’s

Respect for myself and others

Looks like/Sounds like:
·      I will keep my hands and feet to myself
·      I will be kind
·      I will use polite language
·      I will speak up when I am hurt or sad
·      I will speak up when others are hurt or sad
·      I will ask before I use or borrow someone’s things


Regards, Markelle Ward J

No comments:

Post a Comment

Week 10, Term 2

Wow, we are at the end of the Term! I have loved teaching the children in Room 4 for the last two terms and I look forward to my last week...