Saturday 7 June 2014

Term 2, Week 6

Sunday 8th June, 2014:

Another busy weekend of sport and trying to keep warm…. we’re into the thick of winter now!

Important Dates:
Swimming again this week – Tuesday and Friday 11.45 am till 1.15 pm.
Friday 13th June - New Zealand Playhouse - "Rap-unzel" Performance 1.30 pm.
Camp meeting for parents – Wednesday 18th June, 7 pm in Room 4.
Ice Skating, 24th June till 2nd July.

Making new stuff from old stuff:
Thank you to Lisa and Michelle for the help with making the maracas. Next step – learning the action song!

Reports:
Year 3 reports will continue to be sent out in line with your child’s birthday, either for 30 months or 36 months. Year 4 reports will all be sent out at the end of this month. I have been meeting with the children individually when I can to do reading and maths assessments.

Writing:

Having just marked many of the children’s stories, I continue to be surprised at how the basics of capital letters and full stops are being completely overlooked. So I’m including a proofreading activity in the homework today. See how you go… they may need your help!

Have a great week. Regards, Markelle Ward. J

No comments:

Post a Comment

Week 10, Term 2

Wow, we are at the end of the Term! I have loved teaching the children in Room 4 for the last two terms and I look forward to my last week...