Sunday 29 April 2018

Week 1, Term 2

Welcome back to Term 2!
We hope everyone had a safe and relaxing holiday.

This week, on Tuesday and Thursday we have swimming, so children need to bring their togs and towel on these two days. 
I have made up a planner for this Term for Room 4,  I will send this home on Wednesday. Below is a screenshot of the first two weeks.
 

We will be monitoring the diaries a lot more closely this Term and ask that all children record the book they have read in their diary.  I am not in the classroom tomorrow but will set up the diary on Tuesday with some Fridge words, this will normally be done on a Friday. 

This Term we are doing an inquiry called 'Gold Fever', during the term we will visit Alexandra Museum and do a Gold panning day.

This Term is another busy term but full of lots of fun and learning!

You might hear your child talk about a Growth Mindset, here is a chart that demonstrates a Fixed Mindset compared with a Growth Mindset.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Week 10, Term 2

Wow, we are at the end of the Term! I have loved teaching the children in Room 4 for the last two terms and I look forward to my last week...