Saturday 23 September 2017

Term 3, Week 10

Room 4 Newsletter:  Term 3, Week 10

Sunday 24th September, 2017

I trust everyone enjoyed Blossom Festival Weekend, as I’m sure all Alexandra’s visitors did. Well done to all those who competed in the Clock Race on Friday night, there was certainly a lot of teams competing and everyone showed commitment and good sportsmanship.

What a week we have coming up! The celebrations continue with our school’s WOW night on Wednesday, so please do join us for a picnic tea at 5 pm followed by a range of performance items, then visits to classrooms to share in your child’s learning.

Important Dates coming up:
*Monday Whole School Prayer, 9 am in the Church, led by Room 4. Athletics rotations in the afternoon.
*Tuesday 26th – Wednesday 27th September: Class Speech Eisteddfods.
*Wednesday Parish Mass led by Room 5 at 9 am in the Church.
*Wednesday 27th September: Dance with Mrs Chamberlain after Mass & Writer’s Workshop 11.40 am. Athletics Rotations in the afternoon.
*WOW Night: 5-7 pm Wednesday 27th September. Celebrating our whole school’s Learning.
*Thursday 28th September: Dance with Mrs Chamberlain at 11.40 am. Māori Cultural Performance at 1.45 pm in the hall.
*Eisteddfod Assembly: Friday 1.30 pm, 29th September. Last day of term.

Kimberley’s speech
Mhoroi zita rangu ndinonzi Kimberley. Does anyone  know what I just said?
Hi my name is Kimberley and today my speech will be about my crazy family tree. I chose this speech because my family has an interesting history. Hope you enjoy.

I will start with my mum. My mums great -grandparents were from South Africa and they moved to Zimbabwe to settle down as farmers. They gave birth to my mums Grandmother Ella and Ella gave birth to my grandma Ephania. So that means my mum has Zimbabwean and South Africa heritage.    
Now my dad. My great-grandparents were from Scotland and Portugal. Unknowingly after arriving in Africa all of his great-grandparents settled in Mozambique because of its location. Due to war and conflict their kids who became my dads grand- parents moved to Zimbabwe and my Grandparents met in Harare. So that means my dad has Scottish and Portuguese heritage.
To sum it all up I have Scottish  , Portuguese, South African and Zimbabwean heritage. That's why I called it my crazy family tree. I hope you enjoyed my speech.


Have a great last week of term everyone. Markelle Ward

No comments:

Post a Comment

Week 10, Term 2

Wow, we are at the end of the Term! I have loved teaching the children in Room 4 for the last two terms and I look forward to my last week...